These have been tested on the flock and have passed inspection by Felix, the Dactyls, Kirby Lurker and the Horde. The Horde prefers their warm drink in a bowl, in the center of the table. Like a bird bath, but more Hordey.
I do not take a temperature reading of the drink, I just take a drink. If I can swallow comfortably, it's all his.
- Basic Warm Drink: Decaf Green Tea. One bag per cup. Add a squeeze of lemon or orange.
- Basic Warm Drink with Honey: I use organic raw honey. Stay away from the simple honeys that are processed heavily.
- Warm Almond Milk and Honey Drink: Unsweetened almond milk and a 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey.
- Bobbing for Pomegranate Drink: Basic Warm Drink with a tablespoon of Pom Seeds floating in it. It's a warm game with a tasty reward!
- Lumpy Strawberry Drink: Start with Warm Almond Milk Drink OR Basic Warm Drink, mince and chop fresh strawberry and drop into the drink. Strawberry bits will float and go to the bottom for both flavor and bobbing fun.
- Berry Flavored Warm Drink: Try any fruit flavored herbal tea. You can use aroma therapy theories to calm or excite your feather baby depending on what time it is and what your plans are for the day.
- Lemony Lemons Warm Drink: Basic Warm Drink with thinly sliced lemon zest. She loves the taste and the rinds to chew on and tongue.
- Soupy Oatmeal Blueberry Drink: (Cockatiel Favorite!) Yup! Add a tablespoon of oatmeal to any tea recipe above before steeping. Then mash 3 blueberries and drop those in there.
Texture, taste and temperature the 3Ts of success!