Prep Time: 20minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 Cup Dried Polenta
- 1 Cup Cold water
- 1 1/2 cups Hot water
- 15 Crushed Almonds
- 4 Tbs Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- Several Violets, Dandelions or other edible flowers.
- Put your dried Polenta into a saucepan and add 1 cup of cold water and mix well.
- Add to your saucepan, 1 1/2 cups of hot water, desiccated coconut and crushed almonds.
- Cook for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Once cooked, place into a ramekin and let cool.
- Once cooled, gently remove from the ramekin and slice in half through the center.
- Boil your peas for 3 minutes until soft and then blend to a smooth consistency.
- For extra smoothness, you can then sift this through a drum sieve.
- Using the rougher textured peas that did not go through the sieve, use this to create the pea layer in the center part of the cake half and sprinkle with coconut.
- Put the two halves together and use the smooth pea puree to cover the cake like icing.
- Wash your flowers and decorate.